The IEI (Bridge Industrial Ethernet) interface card was designed to allow the connection of the LT4 and DCS4 drivers to a Profinet or Modbus TCP / IP system, allowing the connection of up to 12 axes (12 LT4 or 3 DCS4 / DCS4-E) via Hexar X-Bus and to command movements in position / speed via Profinet and GSD dedicated for Profinet. It is also possible to manage IOEXP digital I / O expansion cards.
The LT4 and DCS4 drivers are connected in cascade to each other simply by connecting them with a standard ethernet cable, each board is self-enumerating and is connected on the fly to the driver chain.
The IEI board is equipped with a hardware configuration system that allows, through AxDev and the LAN network, to configure and monitor each driver connected to the IEI.
The use of a single interface to Profinet allows you to simplify configuration and keep costs much lower than solutions that use Profinet on individual drivers.
* Bridge Profinet / Modbus TCP / IP for stepper driver
* Allows you to connect LT4 or DCS4 to the industrial ethernet bus, up to 12 axes on a single IEI with Hexar X-Bus
* The use of the bridge together with standard drivers allows you to significantly reduce the total cost compared to individual Profinet drivers
* Programmable with PLC on board
* Rs485 port for connection with other devices
* Digital inputs and digital outputs
Power connector (J1)
Logic power supply + 24V
Inputs connector (J2)
0-24V digital inputs
USB connector (J3)
LAN / Profinet connector (J4)
RJ45 connector for LAN / Profinet connection
Rs485 connector (J5)
Connector for Rs485 connection (Optional) for connecting external devices (supports Modbus RTU both master and slave)
Downlink connector (J6)
Connector for connecting drivers in cascade via standard Cat 5/6 Ethernet cable with Hexar X-Bus